Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, all!
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. As I’m sure many of you already know, today is Marathon Monday!
Today is the day thousands of admirably fit people with great legs gather in Boston to run 26.2 miles while hoards of spectators hold posters and cheer and basically have a grand old time. Today is also Patriot’s Day, a Massachusetts holiday, so a lot of people have the day off from work/school and choose to spend their time supporting the runners. All in all, it’s an awesome day.
In honor of all the people running today’s race, all the people supporting those runners, and all the people who work to make the Boston Marathon such an epic event year after year, today’s Mixtape Theme is: BOSTON!
(You thought I was going to say run, didn’t you? I’d hate to become too predictable)
Spotify: Boston Mixtape
1. shipping up to boston – dropkick murphys
2. dirty water- the standells
3. charlie on the MTA- kingston trio
4. more than a feeling – boston
5. riot on broad street- mighty mighty bosstones
6. roadrunner- jonathan richman
7. tessie- dropkick murphys
8. ladies of cambridge – vampire weekend
9. so good (the boston song) – dis vincent
Question- have any of you guys ever ran a marathon? how was it? What’s the longest race you’ve completed?