Welcome back to the Great 8 List, all!
Why 8 you ask? Well, in addition to rhyming so well with the word “great” (thus providing a catchy title for my countdown) the number 8 is also my lucky number. (The number 2 is my other lucky number, but two items does not a countdown make).
Also, studies prove that absolutely everybody is a little more ADD today than they were yesterday, and a little less ADD than they will be tomorrow. So a Great 8 List has all the benefits of a Top 10, without those last two things that nobody has time for anyways.
Sometimes when I’m about to collapse in the middle of a workout, I smile. Yeah, I just put a big ol’ goofy grin on my face and I swear it gets some of those endorphins stirring, takes away some of the pain, and I realize that if I’m smiling it means I’m not dying and I’m able to pull through to the end.
Speaking of which, when was the last time you had a good belly laugh? I’m talking about a tears-streaming-down-your-cheeks, stomach-hurting, gasping-for-air, face-so-contorted-you-look-downright-ugly type laugh? Those can be hard to come by, so if you have someone in your life that you can always turn to for one of those, be thankful every day for that person
Life is not without tragedy, in fact it’s a surety. Managing to keep a sense of humor is sometimes our last defense. I think a lot of people in Boston are still trying to breathe normally after last week, so I’d just like to remind everyone to smile today, even if you don’t feel like it. It’s more important now than ever.
So with that in mind, today’s Great 8 list is: 8 Quotes on Laughter to Make You Smile.
8. “If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.” -Robert Frost
7. “Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward.” – Kurt Vonnegut
6. “There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.” – Erma Bombeck
5. “Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can; all of them make me laugh.” -W.H. Auden
4. “Laughter is carbonated holiness.” -Anne Lamott
3. “Laughter is poison to fear.” -George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones.
2. “From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.” — Dr. Seuss
–Who in your life makes you laugh the hardest??