So, as I was about to go to bed around 8:30pm on Monday night (not ashamed of it) I did one last quick check of my blog and I was SO excited to discover that Beth at Mangoes and Miles had nominated me for the Liebster Award!!
You have no idea how psyched I was. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Liebster Award is given to new bloggers (those with under 200 followers) by another blogger who deems the aforementioned bloggers to be up-and-comers and “ones to watch”.
Liebster is German for beloved, so this award is an all around feel good pat on the back, and it feels great. Thank you Beth!
The rules are:
- List 11 Random Facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that Beth wrote for me
- Pass the torch by nominating 11 bloggers
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Display the Liebster Award logo
So, without further ado my 11 random facts are:
- When I say “I need to get work done”, I’m usually referring to my blog, but I actually work at a hedge fund.
- I am very good at remembering long strings of numbers. I know all my credit card numbers, bank accounts and every gym locker code I’ve ever had, by heart.
- I’m addicted to Starbucks (yes, Starbucks, stop looking at me like that hipsters) and the drink I get every single morning is a grande non-fat blonde misto.
- In college I majored in French.
- During the volleyball unit in high school gym class, I was so bad at volleyball that when it came time to break into groups, the gym teacher put me in the group with the injured students and gave us a beach ball to play with.
- My boyfriend is the coolest person I’ve ever met.
- I love oldies music- anything by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons is my jam.
- I had my first paid writing job when I was 16 doing articles about my high school’s sports teams for the town newspaper.
- I believe in ghosts.
- My TV is almost always set to Food Network.
- I absolutely love pedicures. If it was socially acceptable to get a pedicure every day, I would.
My answers to Beth’s questions are as follows:
1. If there was only one food you could eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Cookie dough, raw eggs and all.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
India. No, on safari in Kenya. No, to a beach in Bora Bora.
3. What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
When I was about 8 years old, I was making my mother be my audience for a dance routine I made up. However before I started the dance, I made a HUGE deal about how important it was to stretch first “so I don’t hurt myself,” as I kept saying. But I wouldn’t let my mother go anywhere or do anything else while I just sat there stretching for a ridiculously long amount of time.
Finally it was time to dance. I put a little too much oomph into my first move, which involved kicking my leg up like a rockette, and I flew into the air as if I just slipped on a banana peel and fell on my butt. Once it was clear I was completely fine, just embarrassed, my mother couldn’t stop laughing. To reiterate: After 20 minutes of stretching so I didn’t hurt myself, I fell on my butt during my first dance move. After 20 years, I have yet to live it down.
4. Chocolate or vanilla?
5. What do you want to accomplish by the time you die?
I hope to be able to look back on my life as I sit in my energy efficient, futuristic, floating house at the ripe old age of 102, and see a century’s worth of health, happiness and perseverance that I spent surrounded by family and friends.
(I guess the only thing that sentence told you specifically is that I want to live in a floating house. I also want to publish a book, be in an a commercial, raise a family, visit 6 out the 7 continents because I have no desire to go to Antarctica, and get really good at baking.)
6. If you were given 24 hours to live, what would you do?
I would write one heck of a good-bye post for my blog so that everyone who read it would get teary eyed. Then I would write a bunch of emails to friends and family and utilize gmail’s boomerang feature which lets you delay sending out emails, so when the emails arrived a day or two later it would be like I was communicating from wherever it is I’m going I would then spend the remaining 23 hours with people I love.
7. Are you allergic to anything?
8. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to know how to do?
How to play piano.
9. What do you consider to be the most valuable thing you own?
10. What is the first thought that crosses your mind when you wake up in the morning?
‘Is my blog post ready to be published? Probably not. Is it offensive in any way? Probably. Do I have time to make changes? Nope, it’s going up as is.’
11. What is your favorite quote?
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right” -Henry Ford.
My nominees in alphabetical order are as follows:
My 11 questions for my nominees:
- How many siblings do you have and where do you fall in birth order?
- What is your most embarrassing childhood memory? (stolen from Beth, because that’s an awesome question)
- What is your favorite junk food snack?
- If you were a super hero, what would your name be?
- What is one thing you can not live without?
- What was your undergrad major and does it relate to what you’re doing now?
- If you were a sitcom character, which one would you be?
- If you could get any celebrity to play you in the movie of your life, who would you choose?
- Would you rather win an Emmy, an Oscar, a Tony or a Grammy?
- If you could go on a one month vacation starting tomorrow, where would you go?
- Are you a morning, afternoon and/ or evening exerciser?
Again, thank you Beth for the nomination! Hope you all enjoyed that peak behind the curtain