Happy hump day everyone
Alrighty, so, let’s just jump right in today’s topic shall we?
Yesterday I was thinking about how badly I needed the long weekend that just passed, and I was thinking that needing a break so badly isn’t exactly a good thing. It’s one thing to be excited about a long weekend, it’s another thing entirely to feel like you “NEED” it. I was thinking about why I needed it and I realized that I’ve been putting a lot of pressure on myself of late. More pressure than is necessary. More pressure than is helpful or motivating. In fact it’s enough pressure to drive anyone a little batty if left unchecked and allowed to spiral.
So today I’ve decided to take a look at the top 10 bad mental habits I tend to fall into. Even though it’s not technically Thursday aka “list day” I’m doing a list. Because you know, I’m breezy!
So for the second time in as many days, I present a how-to in reverse:
How to Lose Your Mind in 10 Ways:
10. Procrastinate. (It seems so great in the moment, but the only thing worse than dealing with that annoying thing right now is the dread and anxiety that build from that annoying thing looming over your head and then having to do that annoying thing later.)
9. Compare yourself/ your life to others.
8. Stay up too late.
7. Worry about the “what ifs”. (Ex. What if I try and fail? What if I make a fool out of myself?)
6. Lose sight of the bigger picture. (It’s the fastest way to freak the F out)
5. Don’t heed #6 and freak the F out over the momentary uncertainty of your career path.
4. Be critical of others.
3. Stay angry at yourself about things in the past you can’t change.
2. Take yourself too seriously.
1. Let the fear in your head be the only voice you hear.
What’s one scary thing you’ve been putting off? Do it today!
What is your biggest mental bad habit?