Happy Thursday all!! Thursday means one thing in this corner of the interwebs: it’s time for the Great 8 list.
So, this Sunday is my birthday. I’m turning thir- ahem, sorry there must be something in my throat. I’m turning thir- ahem! one more time, here we go, I’m turning thir- nope. Sorry. It’s the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday. Rhymes with flirty, nerdy and wordy.
Ohh I’m being dramatic. It’s cool. I’m actually really psyched about entering this new decade, as long as I’m not expected to give up my propensity for immature jokes and bathroom humor, I’m ready to kick off the thirties with aplomb.
I was trying to figure out how to make a Great 8 list out of turning 30, and you guys, Buzzfeed has pretty much beat me to almost every one of them.
Top movies turning 30 this year? Done.
Top reasons turning 30 is awesome? Done.
Top list of random things also turning 30 this year? Done. (Although that one is mentalfloss.com)
Top reasons Taylor Swift’s epic twenties anthem, “22” is funnier when redone for the thirties? (Done on youtube in song form)
BUT top reasons I’m ready to be 30 based on my responses to the lyrics in “22”?? NOT DONE!
(If you’re not familiar with Taylor Swift’s song “22” you can go here, but essentially it talks about the things you do and think about when you’re 22 years of age.)
Top 8 Reasons I’m Ready to Turn 30, Taylor Swift
8. Lyric about being 22: “It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight”
- My response: I beg to differ. No matter what night of the week it is I tend to be asleep by 10.
7. Lyric about being 22: “To fall in love with strangers uh uh uh uh”
- Huh, perhaps you have never heard of a little thing called stranger danger?
6. Lyric about being 22: “It’s miserable and magical oh yeah”
- I mean, sure, although wouldn’t it just be easier not to make everything so dramatic and extreme, can’t we just describe it as “okay”? But brava for the alliteration.
5. Lyric about being 22: “Tonight’s the night when we forget about the deadlines”
- I know, don’t you love buckling down and getting all your work done early? Oh that’s not what you meant? Oh, well, in that case forgetting about deadlines is really irresponsible and we are going to be kicking ourselves later for that decision.
4. Lyric about being 22: “And end up dreaming, instead of sleeping”
- You would never suggest that if you knew how much I loved sleeping.
3. Lyric about being 22: “You don’t know about me, but I bet you want to”
- You’re wondering why I’m wearing yoga pants and sneakers at a bar. And the reason is- because they are comfortable.
2. Lyric about being 22: “This place is too crowded, too many cool kids”
- Wait, where are we again? We must be in the wrong place. Are you sure we got the address right?
1. Lyric about being 22: “It feels like one of those nights we won’t be sleeping”
- Oh no, why not? Did we drink caffeine too late in the afternoon? Take a Melatonin, if we fall asleep right now we can still get a couple hours in before the alarm goes off at 5:30.
To everybody currently in the vicinity of 22 years- enjoy it I totally would have understood the meaning of those lyrics if that song had come out when I was that age, and so should you.
To everybody else who’s closer to 32 than 22 (or if you’re one of those old soul’ed young’uns)- amirite?
When is your birthday? What’s your sign? How old are you turning? Do you like your birthday or does it give you a little anxiety?