So, I have to be honest, I had NO idea what today’s post was going to be about when I started writing it. Which isn’t exactly abnormal around here, but I usually at least have a teeny tiny inkling about the direction I want to go. Not today though. I figured I’d just start writing and hope it worked itself out. This is how today’s post started:
“Post post post I have no idea what to post today.
Post post post rhymes with toast toast toast
I love toast
I can’t write a post on toast. Or can I?
Nope I can not.
Gah! Why is life so hard????”
Literally those are the words I started with on this page. And I suppose they are still on this page, so it’s not like this is a win. Oh well. Anyways my whiny over-dramatic ‘why is life so hard’ moment reminded me of the following infomercial:
Which got me thinking about how awesome infomercials are, which I decided deserved a post.
(Very Important Note: If the gif above, or any of the ones below aren’t moving, just click them and they should start up. They’ve been giving me some problems too but it’s too late to change them now.)
Top 8 Things Infomercials Have Taught Me About Fitness and Life
8. When you’re first starting out on your health and wellness journey, you may have no idea what you’re doing.
7. You may feel like a moron and at times struggle just to remain standing.
6. Proper technique in any exercise is always important, lest you injure yourself in some way.
5. Proper footwear is a must. Don’t wear shoes that are too small.
4. It’s not always easy to eat right.
3. And sometimes life might trip you up when you least expect it.
2. You might get a little frustrated at times.
1. But eventually it’ll all come together.
Do you have a favorite infomercial?
What, for you, is the best part about sticking with a fitness plan? The thrill of completing a goal? Getting stronger? Getting thinner? The confidence that comes with feeling better? Other?