Happy Tuesday, Internet luvahs!
Question- (no pressure, this one isn’t quiz related)- do you like intros or do you like posts that are short and sweet and cut right to the chase? I’ve been reading some literature on the topic and experts tend to agree the shorter the better. The thing is, I tend to enjoy reading intros. Does anybody else? However, with shorter and sweeter in mind, I wrote a whole big intro to this post and then chopped it like Miley Cyrus’s hair.
If you missed the first installment in the now two-part series “How To Be A Fitness Blogger” go here. It talks about your new vocabulary. However, it’s possible that wanna-be fitness bloggers are sitting at their laptops right this moment thinking to themselves “Am I ready to be a fitness blogger? I wish there was a way to know!”
Well wonder no more. Today we’re going to do a little quiz.
(And I guess this turned into an intro of sizable length after all.)
Here we go:
1. When you hear the phrase “easy 10” you think:
- a. Someone just bet $10 that Lindsay Lohan is going back to rehab.
- b. The time, in minutes, it takes to process the fact Kim Kardashian and Kanye West just named their daughter, North West.
- c. Someone is about give you 10 quick reasons why the name North West is a disaster.
- d. Miles. A really really fit person just ran 10 freaking miles for freaking fun.
2. When you hear the word “Chobani” you think:
- a. A delicious brand of Greek yogurt you see in the grocery store.
- b. “I want to buy stock in that company so badly, will there ever be an IPO?”
- c. “I don’t really do dairy.”
- d. “I know every flavor that brand makes and I know every possible recipe that one can use their yogurt in, thanks to the huge boxes of yogurt they send every blog I read to review, as well as all the retreats they sponsor, as part of their pleasantly aggressive and downright brilliant blogger marketing strategy.”
3. When you see “WIAW” you think:
- a. Huh?
- b. Um, your autocorrect spelled “WOW” wrong.
- c. “MAIM” upside down, which you take as a veiled threat.
- d. “What I Ate Wednesday! Lets see those eats!”
4. When you see “MIMM” you think:
- a. “My, It’s Miserably Muggy” (and you probably live in Boston)
- b. “I’m subtly reminded of Pimm’s which always reminds me of Pim’s which are delicious. And now I want cookies.”
- c. “Millions! I Make Millions!” (and you’re Scrooge McDuck)
- d. “Marvelous In My Monday! Cant wait to read about some marvelous inspiration!”
Results: if you answered D to all four questions, well then call yourself Glen Coco because you got all four. Four for you!
And there is a nearly 100% chance that you may already be a fitness/ health & wellness blogger. If you did poorly, well, next week is true/false. Keep studying.
Note: if you found yourself answering “all of the above” or “some of the above” on all questions- that is also correct
So, what are your thoughts on intros? Good/bad/depends on the situation?
Also what are your thoughts on posts in general? Long/short/depends on the situation?