So, in my family people are classified into two groups: “Sports-girls” and “Louisa’s”. A sports-girl is she who is good at sports, and a Louisa is she who is less athletically inclined than others. Most notably, myself.
The origins of the name is a very long story. One for another day.
To completely misquote Gretchen Wieners: “you may think you’re a sports-girl, but, you could be wrong.” You’ll have to ask your family or consult this list.
Top 8 Signs You’re a Louisa
8. Your family’s motto is “we may be crazy, but we’re not lazy” while your personal motto is “I don’t mean to be a grouch, but I’m all set here on the couch”
7. After a 4-hour hike up and down a Colorado mountain with your mom and sister, they suggest it’s time for sit ups and arm work and you suggest they have lost their minds
6. You believe there is a time and a place for squats. Everybody else in your family begs to differ.
5. At any given moment, if your face is beet red, it is much more likely that you have done or said something to humiliate yourself, rather than due to aerobic activity.
4. You dance around on the tennis court instead of paying attention to the ball. And everyone is always reminding you to bend your knees.
3. When given the opportunity to participate in “double sessions,” you hope at least one involves a therapist
2. While you consider it “double sessions” your family doesn’t even count that run they did earlier as a real workout
1. If, while on the phone with your mom at the end of the day, you mention you’re going to walk a mile to pick up dinner and she tells you that if she lived in Boston, she’d put on her sneakers and RUN to pick up dinner, then you are the Louisa of the family.
I hope this was helpful.
Do you come from an athletic family?
Does your family exercise together?
Are there more Louisa’s or sports-girls in your fam?