So the amaaaazing Sarah at Sweet Miles nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I’m SO honored to receive it!!
Even though it’s not my first nomination, I’ve just learned that every nomination feels fracking* awesome!!
*Battlestar Galactica reference anyone? Anyone at all? Or, wait speaking of Battlestar Galactica, has anyone seen that Portlandia episode where they keep watching Battlestar Galactica? Anyone? No? Ok, moving on.
Anyways, I’m not going to go full Liebster on you all today, I’m just going to answer Sarah’s survey questions, because they’re GREAT questions and because I love surveys.
Here we go:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love writing. And also because Eric dared me to (truth) and I do not back down from dares (totally false, I back down all the time)
2. What is your favorite part about blogging?
While I obviously love the writing part, I have to say my favorite part of the whole blogging experience has turned out to be getting to know the other bloggers
3. When you’re not blogging, what can you be found doing?
Working, bar methoding, watching too much tv, but mainly, just hanging out with Eric…
4. What is your favorite way to get your work out on?
With a bar!
And yes I mean that two-fold: 1. Bar Method, and 2. the other “bar” method- ie. lifting a glass of wine to and from my mouth repeatedly. I find that it is a good warm up for dancing around the room for the rest of the night.
5. What motivates you to stay healthy and active?
My deep inner desire to live forever, and my deep inner desire to look good in jeans.
6. What are you most proud of in your life, thus far?
Wow, what a good question. Hmm… this is quite difficult to answer because I’m the type of person who celebrates the small victories. Like for example, today I am most proud that I didn’t eat that 2nd muffin after I ate my first, even though I was hungry enough to. I’m not sure I could hold your attention if I got into a lifetime of stuff like that.
7. What goals do you have for yourself to accomplish by the end of the year?
- By 2014 I would like to have a steady income from writing.
- Not lose sight of goal #1.
8. What’s one thing you wish you could say to your younger self?
Stop thinking you’re not photogenic- even the worst photo you ever took at the age of 22 is still better than most of the photos you take at 30.
9. What is your favorite go-to recipe?
- Start with a base of frozen yogurt.
- Add coconut flakes, mochi and mango.
- Eat before it melts.
10. What is the funniest thing you’ve heard today?
Anthony Weiner hired a new campaign manager (hint: it’s his weiner because “he was already making most of the major decisions, anyway”): http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/07/weiner-names-new-campaign-manager.html?mobify=0
Thanks Sarah! These questions were so much fun to answer!
Now your turn- pick 1 (or as many as you like) and answer in the comments!
Or if you’d like me to pick one for you – what motivates you to stay healthy and active?