So last week we covered the Top 8 Signs You’re an Introverted Exerciser. Today we’re going to continue our psychology series and cover the other, more social personality type, the extroverted exerciser.
And just to review what we mean by extrovert vs introvert, we have us a picture chart:
Top 8 Signs You’re an Extroverted Exerciser
8. Talking to someone while you run is a must. If your running buddy flakes out, you’ve been known to make calls to friends from your run. These friends no longer find it weird when you say “hello!” completely out of breath and then launch into a story between gasps for air.
7. The girl on the elliptical next to you knows all about that insensitive comment your boyfriend said right before you left for the gym, which you now feel much better about, after having talked it out.
6. In a group exercise environment, you somehow manage to make conversation with everyone and nobody in particular at the same time.
5. The thought of working out alone in your basement makes you sleepy.
4. Your daily workout, aka your “me-time,” usually involves one or two other people.
3. If you do a workout and nobody is there to react to it on Twitter, Facebook, the blogosphere or Instagram, did it really happen? You’re not sure…
2. Your idea of quiet, introspective meditation is talking to someone in a whisper.
1. The line between working out and socializing is- wait, what line? There is no line.
So which are you, introverted? Extroverted? A little of both?
Are you one way in real life and a different way when it comes to exercising?
Where do you pull your energy from? From within? From outside factors?