So yesterday the Today Show teamed up with Fitness Magazine to do a segment called “How To Reorganize Your Kitchen to Help You Lose Weight”. They talked about putting produce and healthy things at eye level in the fridge, using white plates so you can better see how much food is in front of you, and always eating at the table so you’re mindful of what you’re putting in your mouth. Helpful stuff like that.
However, while those are all good tips, I question how much weight one can really lose by following this advice.
For surefire success, I think it might take a little more reorganizing. Luckily, I have some ideas.
Here are my top 8 ways to reorganize your kitchen to lose weight:
8. Place something large and heavy in front of your refrigerator. Something like a bookcase or a couch is ideal.
7. Repeat #8 at the entrance to your pantry.
6. Repeat once again at the entrance to your entire kitchen.
5. Throw out all the food in your cabinets, and replace with files, books and other inedible fare.
4. Put up artwork of gross things.
3. Replace your kitchen table with a treadmill.
2. Start using your oven for seasonal storage. Winter boots, coats, etc.
1. Remove all the light bulbs. If you cant see it, you cant eat it.
Is your kitchen organized according to healthy habits?
Do you keep junk food in the house?
Do you sit down to eat or do you usually snack/ munch/ grab and go? (I am very guilty of the latter)
What color are your plates?