So, as everyone knows, it’s fall. (Well, unless you live on the other side of the world, then its not fall. It’s… summer? Spring? I still don’t understand how it works. Like if its 2013 here, is it 2017 there? Something like that )
Regardless, I think this post will be relatable for everyone.
As the weather changes, and we slowly move into a cooler climate and shorter days, it’s likely that our activity levels drop. It can sometimes feel overwhelming to keep a fitness schedule throughout the fall & winter. SO, what do we do when we feel overwhelmed? We break it down into simpler steps. Here is a list of things you do in fall that you don’t even realize you’re doing that all contribute to keeping your heart rate up.
Here we go.
Top 8 Ways To Stay Fit This Fall Without Even Trying
8. Refuse to say goodbye to summer and continue to wear your summer clothes a few weeks too long. Shiver violently while adamantly denying you are cold.
7. Finally accept that autumnal clothing is necessary. Bundle up before you leave the house. Then, upon the realization that it’s actually not that bad out in the sun, peel off your layers… A moment later, when the wind picks up, realize that yes, you were right the first time and it is indeed cold out. Put all those layers back on again. Repeat for the duration of the time you spend outside.
6. Technically it’s hurricane season, so if you happen to find yourself in gale-force winds… Run. Like. The Dickens.
5. Apple picking! Treat it like a competition- get all the apples! You may make a bunch of kids pretty unhappy, but you’ll work up a sweat in no time. Trust me.
4. Park in a city. Yeah. You see, urban parking lots are a rare and overpriced thing. So come to the city with the goal to park your car. Drive around for an anxiety-laced hour looking for street parking. Is your heart rate up yet? Good, that’s your warm up. Now walk the mile and a half to your desired destination from the parking spot you found. Once you reach it, pivot and go back because it’s time to refill the meter.
3. Insist that grilling season goes well past Labor Day. Run back and forth from the warmth of your house to the grill on your deck as you check on your food.
2. 3 words: Halloween bar crawl. Do it right and you can cover a lot of ground.
1. Watch football. Be your team’s biggest fan- get a trademark victory dance that would get you penalized for excessive celebration on the spot. Do it often.
Happy Fall Fitness’ing, friends!
Are you good at keeping up your workout schedule in the fall/ winter?
What football team is your team?
Australians- what is your average temperature this time of year anyways??