So this book: Gadsby: A Lipogram Novel, contains 50,000 words, none of which contain the letter E.
Beginning now, you will not find the letter “A” in this post. Besides for right there, and here and- ok, beginning NOW.
I’ll discuss my 8-month blogging lull in 8 bullet points without using the thing we just discussed. Let’s go.
1. I’ve been working for this content production firm where we connect writers with clients who need content written for their websites, blogs, ebooks, product descriptions, etc. I’m running this firm’s editing dept, their community dept, their blog… Thus I’m doing lots of writing. I’m loving it.
2. I’ve kept up with this workout regime four times per week.
3. I survived the coldest winter in Boston on record*. The winds were blustery, the temps below zero, the clothing “Yeti chic”…
*”On record” refers to my memory of the previous 4 winters. But still.
4. I got specs. It’s funny how conditions like poor eyesight (ie. “not seeing”) become perfectly routine things in your life until the minute you put on your new lenses- utter wonderment ensues.
4. I visited Eric in Southern C- (shoot, um… in the region of the country known for Hollywood, sunshine & chill people.)
5-8. I secretly checked your blogs but didn’t comment ‘cuz I’m lurky, I indulged in cold noodles, pho, sour gummies ‘cuz I’m quirky, I fell in love with my Keurig ‘cuz without coffee my life is pretty much no-go, plus I met up with super cool bloggers IRL ‘cuz YOLO.
Ok, done- the previous 8 months in 8 points without the letter prior to B.
Have you ever tried a lipogram before? (Writing something while omitting a letter?) I challenge you to give it a shot- it’s actually really fun.
Any new changes in your life over the first half of 2014? Think of this as your mid-year tax form- did you get married? Have a baby? Move to a new house? Take a new job? Other awesomeness? Tell me and don’t be modest about it!!