Thinking Out Loud Thursday and the Top 8 List really is a hybrid made in heaven. In a sense I’ve just been ranking my thoughts from 1-8 this whole time- what do they call it when two things come together so well? Fate? Serendipity? Magic? Yes to all of the above.
There is a new app called Emojli. Have you heard of it? It’s not out yet, but they already have tens of thousands of pre-registered users. All communication is restricted to emojis. Your username? Strings of emojis. Your Thoughts? Emoji-fied. Your really important emergency messages- well, if your friends can decipher your emojis, everything will be ok.
Which brings me to my next point. Emojis are limited in what they can convey and sometimes hard to decipher -__-
So I’ve made my own* emojis to deal with real life circumstances.
(*I drew them on post-its.)
Top 8 New Emojis That I Just Made (On Post-Its) and Their Translations
8. When they forget your drink at Starbucks:
7. When solicitors call:
6. When you make new friends:
5. When you live a healthy lifestyle:
4. When you work in tech:
3. When you’re at the office and there may or may not be cake (happy outcome):
2. When you’re at the office and there may or may not be cake (sad outcome):
1. When you’re trying to maintain your sanity:
Literacy be damned. Emojis are
Would you join an all-emoji social media site?
Whats your emoji usage like? Do you use them? Avoid them?
What other situations need emojis (on post-its or otherwise)?