Two posts in a week!
I understand this is not cause for celebration for many of you prodigious superheros who have been consistently publishing 15-50 posts per month for years. However, I’m as excited as a toddler who just potty trained herself. “Look what I did!”
Top 8 emotions you have before returning to blogging
8. Social Anxiety: Do you think anyone remembers me?
7. Trepidation: What if I forget how to blog good?
6. Meditative: Wait, did I ever know how to blog good?
5. Denial: Do I have to sign up for Twitter this time?
4. Philosophical: If a post goes out into the internet, and nobody is there to read it, does it make an echo?
3. Totally Energized: Ok, I’m doin’ it! Here we go… What should I write about?
2. Writers Block: [Stares at blank screen, blinks twice, gets a snack]
1. Apprehensive Satisfaction: I just wrote a post that used the word “snausages” and then, against my better judgement, hit Publish.
And that’s how that happens.
If you’ve been out of the blogging game for a while and you’re thinking of coming back (or you’re starting up for the first time) all you have to do is hit Publish. 😀
Have you ever taken a blog break? How long were you away?
How was it when you came back?
Alright alright alright. Hello!
Whether I’m back for the long haul or for the week remains to be seen, but boy does it feel great to breathe some life back into CTF.
I started typing about what I’ve been up to the last 8 months, but there’s so much time for that in future posts. Let’s just skip right to the fantastical and ridiculous, shall we?
I imaginary interviewed three real(ish) people on their reaction to LeBron returning to Cleveland:
1. Drew Carey:
“Finally the points matter.”
2. Former President Grover Cleveland:
“I say, what is this rowdydow of which you twalk?”
(He was from New Jersey.)
3. Shirtless Clevelandian #1:
“I’m SO f*#@in psyched f*@% bleep %$@*& bleep bleep’in Heat f*&#$ers! #Lebron forever!”
(Translation: “I am thrilled with Mr James’ announcement that he will be returning to his home city and look forward to the upcoming season with zealous elation. Hashtag Lebron forever.”)
I also imaginary interviewed three
people living things on the German World Cup victory:
1. The Oktoberfest revelers from National Lampoon’s European Vacation:
2. This German Shepard:
3. This guy:
“While the Argentian team put up a nearly unbreakable defense and should be commended for their effort, I’m pleased that we were able to pull ahead at the end.”
(Because Europeans are polite and well-spoken.)
Did you follow the World Cup this year?
(If yes, are you willing to start watching Major League soccer?)
Any thoughts, feelings or concerns about LeBron’s return?
How’ve you been the last 8 months??