So for today’s Thinking Out Loud, I’m opening up my Notes App.
My Notes App is where I write down my blog ideas. I then transfer these ideas into drafts that may or may not ever see the light of day. Every idea listed here today was originally a concept for its own post that I have yet to expand upon.
So, this is either a teaser post for whats to come, or it’s where ideas go to die a somewhat respectful death.
Let’s brainstorm together! Here we go.
8. Unfinished Idea: I don’t think it’s a mistake the word “Wine” has the word “Win” in it.
7. Unfinished Idea: Is it Bar or Barre?
Accompanying Notes: Both! While it’s mostly called barre, the type I follow is called Bar Method.
6. Unfinished Idea: You know how your phone gives you auto-text options like “Call you later” or “I am away”? Snoresville. I would like a famous author edition keyboard that makes me sound interesting at the touch of a button.
Accompanying Notes: For example: The Shel Silverstein keyboard would go something like:
Text from Friend: “Hey”
Text from Me (auto away message): “And there were green alligators, and long neck geese, some humpty-backed camels and talk later. Peace.”
4 & 5. Unfinished Idea: And now let’s play “Who Said It: Hipster Chloe Sevigny or My Dad?”
Accompanying Notes: Because amazingly, hipsters and dads are remarkably similar.
1. Quote: “I don’t even have an iPhone yet. I have a BlackBerry.
(Answer: Hipster Chloe Sevigny. My dad would never say “yet”)
2. Quote: “I had an appointment at the Apple store to fix my 15-year-old laptop.”
(Answer: Hipster Chloe Sevigny. If you guessed my dad, you were so close, but my dad’s 15-yr-old computer is a desktop)
3. Quote: “You see these kids walking on the street and think, ‘Oh, look at that Goth kid’”
(Answer: Hipster Chloe Sevigny. Although she was saying it in a nice “Oh look at that Goth kid!” kind of way, while my dad would’ve said in a “Oh, look at that Goth kid… it’s a shame nobody enrolled him in sports as a kid” kind of way.)
This concludes “Who Said It: Hipster Chloe Sevigny or My Dad?”
3. Unfinished Idea: Primal eating is going awesomely.
Accompanying Notes: I’d say I’m about 85% percent Primal (which counts!) Some benefits: I now prefer the taste of natural food and I call said food by its flavor rather than its color. Although I’ll admit I’ve been living on red wine and dark chocolate lately, so maybe that 2nd benefit was a lie.
2. Unfinished Idea: Barre problems
1. Unfinished Idea: Acronyms
Accompanying Notes: Barre: Build A Resilient Rear End
Would you like to see any of the above ideas expanded upon?
What famous author (or realty TV personality) would you like for your auto-text keyboard?
Where do you keep track of your blog ideas? (Anybody else keep track on the go?)
How many drafts are you hoarding? (I have so many it might justify an intervention)
What’s an idea you just can’t seem to finish?
Are you sick of questions yet?