Ok, so, I’ve talked a bit on the subject before, but summer is really not my season. I don’t do well in suffocating humidity, I’m not a strong swimmer, the list goes on. Usually when people get all bummed this time of year because summer is ending, I don’t want to seem like some sort of summer-hater, so I go along with the conversation, nodding politely as they verbally mourn the final days of the season… but on the inside I’m actually, ridiculously, thrilled.
And I have a theory that there are more out there just like me, who have been silenced by all the summer-lovers. So to all you fall-preferers, this list is for you.
Top 8 Reasons I’m Jazzed Summer Is Over
8. Fall clothing! More specifically, long pants and layers. Personally, I look better in more clothes than less. As does 98% of the general population, in my humble opinion.
7. Pumpkin flavored
things everything! Oh, what’s that you got there… Pancakes? Coffee? Spaghetti? Ice cream? For the next 6-8 weeks it’s going to be pum-cakes, pumpkinffee, spumpkin-ghetti and pumpkin ice cream, respectively.
6. I have an excuse to do nothing! Quick confession: sometimes I absolutely love doing nothing. Do you know how hard that is in the summer when everyone’s all: “but the weather is perfect, we can’t just waste perfect days like this indoors doing nothing”. We can in fall though!
5. Pretty boots! (Sarah knows what I’m talking about)
4. Equality! So, I currently make my way to an office every day for work. Which is cool all year round except in the summertime when all the students and teachers and Europeans get like 3 months off and I feel like everybody is having fun without me. In the fall though, everybody has to get back to work, and I once again feel that all is fair in the world muahaha
3. It gets dark earlier! I love going to bed early and it’s just impossible in the summer. Trying to fall asleep when it’s still light outside is like trying to make ‘fetch’ happen. It’s not going to happen.
2. FALL TV- Scandal returns!! Get psyched Olivia Pope fans!
1. No more sweating like a beast while I’m standing still.
So, who’s with me?
What’s your favorite part about fall?
Do you watch Scandal? What show are you excited about?