So I accidentally published a draft of this post for about 1.3 seconds yesterday, and I apologize to those who got that automatic email alert fake-out. There should really be an “are you sure?” button that pops up when you hit the Publish button. I meant to hit ‘Preview’, not ‘Publish’, c’mon WordPress, if you don’t have safeguards to save me from myself, how is this going to work? I hope you don’t expect me to take responsibility for my own actions, because lawsuits like the “McDonalds Hot Coffee” case tells me someone else is always to blame for my clumsiness.
Anyhoozle, this girl needs a long weekend like nobody’s business. When was the last time we had a long weekend? Does anyone remember? I don’t. I can’t wait!!
What will you be doing this weekend? Like many people, you may be attending or hosting a BBQ at some point. Therefore your schedule might be a little nuts, and you may not have time to get to the gym, or wherever you normally exercise, with all the preparations and FUN going on.
But fear not- today we are taking a page from the Chris Traeger handbook, and the world is our gymnasium.
8 Ways To Channel Chris Traeger at Your Memorial Day BBQ
8. Is there a pool? Jump in the pool. Pools are not just for kids.
7. Play yard games- badminton, frisbee, frisbee golf (sorry dudes, I meant disc) bocce ball, cornhole, pétanque (can I get a high five from my fellow French majors?? Anybody play pétanque at the french department picnics? No?)
Set up any or all of these games, get a competitive person to play you, and you’ll be sweating in no time.
6. Be the bartender. Mix those drinks, shake those shakers, toss those beers, work those arms.
5. Will there be kids at your BBQ? Give their parents a break and offer to chase after them for a while. Kids are fast.
4. Offer to help the host/ hostess with the food and trays. Run back and forth from the kitchen to the yard with heavy trays full of food in your arms. Your biceps and hosts will thank you. (Don’t forget to smile like Chris Traeger and thank your hosts for allowing you the pleasure of helping them)
3. With all those yard games involving balls, frisbees and shuttlecocks going on, there’s going to be a lot of balls, frisbees and shuttlecocks stuck in trees, flying over the neighbor’s fence, rolling down the street, etc.
Be the one who chases down the balls before they roll into the sewer at the end of the driveway. Shimmy up those trees to retrieve the shuttlecocks. Everybody will applaud.
2. Now that it’s getting late, how are you feeling? A few too many wine coolers? Awesome, walk home! The weather is beautiful, you’re drunk, leave the car where it is and walk your tipsy butt home, you party animal!
Just dance y’all.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!! Remember the sunscreen!!
What do you all have planned?
What’s your favorite yard game?